Parental Involvement Worker
Term-Time Only, 37 hours a week
Band 6 (SCP17-21)
To commence as soon as possible
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Parental Involvement Worker to join the Community Team at Horton Park Primary School.
We are a 2 form entry primary school, for children aged 4-11 years, which has a growing and improving reputation within the local community and wider afield. Although situated in one of Bradford’s most challenging contexts, our most recent Ofsted report describes us as ‘Good’ but there is a whole lot more to us than the Ofsted criteria.
Horton Park Primary School is part of the Exceed Academies Trust, which currently consists of seven academies; five primary schools, an all-through primary-to-secondary school and an alternative provision school. The Trust has an excellent reputation within Bradford and beyond, and an outstanding track record of supporting staff in developing their careers. An exciting element of the Trust is our two Teaching Schools, as well as a SCITT, responsible for teacher training. (This could be removed, as it wouldn’t be relevant for support staff)
The successful candidate will;
- Work across a number of strands to encourage positive parental engagement within the school
- Address issues which affect a child’s capacity to learn and a parent’s capacity to support their child’s learning and development.
- Create and implement a strategic plan for developing a continuum of support for parents and families to deal confidently and successfully with change.
The essential requirements of this role are;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of working and developing links with communities and organisations
- Experience of working with families with young children
- Experience of community development work or project support
- GCSE English and Maths at Grade c or above (or equivalent) and IT skills
Closing date: Tuesday 26th March 2019
Interview: Friday 29th March 2019
For an informal discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Louise Bean on firstname.lastname@example.org / Telephone: 01274 574544. Further details about our school can also be found on our website https://hortonparkacademy.co.uk
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so by submitting an online application to the office email as stated above.
Exceed Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check as well as successful completion of a probationary period.